Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rainbow of Colors!

Well...NO PICTURES this week :[  I lost my phone...which is also my camera!  All the tender pictures of children, art projects and science experiments - gone.  It's just sad because our week was all about COLOR!  How I wish I could share the colorful pictures with you, but sometimes life just hands you a lemon and there's nothing to help you make some lemonade!


READING CORNER:
At My Little Preschool this week we started by reading a DK Fliptastic book called "Colors".  It was exciting for the children to identify the color of the fantastic picture and then flip open the next page to see all the objects that were the same color.  For example...page 1 has a beautiful picture of a RED tulip.  Page 2 is covered but flips up to reveal 5 to 6 different objects that are also RED!  It was a great interactive book :]

ART ADVENTURE:
All my BIGS and LITTLES created beautiful rainbows made from party crape paper!  The BIGS ripped the edges of their white construction paper into a "cloud" shape.  I helped the LITTLES cut a puffy shape out of their papers.  Once the cloud shape was created, we glued cotton balls onto our clouds...some were REALLY puffy, while others stayed very simple.  I love the different creative types my kids show me!  After the cotton was glued, we attatched long crape paper streamers - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple - which hung under the clouds.  They were truly beautiful hanging on our classroom door!


MESSY TABLE:
Magic water is what My Little 'BIGS" call it!  One inch of water in a 12 ounce water bottle...add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil...drop in a few drops of your favorite (food) color...and that's when the magic happens!  Shake it up, turn it on its side and watch as a layer of color bubbles separate themselves from the oil/water!  Swish the bottle gently back and forth and watch the colored "waves"...it's a great discovery!

looks a little something like this...


I love color!  It is so inspiring!  My BIGS and LITTLES will continue with more color adventures through the year...hopefully next time, I will have my camera ;]

"The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work."  - anonymous

Miss Lisa :]

No comments:

Post a Comment